Protect your team
Counter UAS Operator Assist
The CM202U Counter UAS (CUAS) System
Advanced algorithms to detect and track objects of interest in the air and on the ground.
The CM202U is a gyro-stabilized, multi-sensor gimbal specifically designed for counter-UAS operations. The entire system is man-portable and robust and includes: object tracking capability, low power consumption, direct drive motors for accurate positioning, Static Target Detection Algorithm, and Moving Target Detector Algorithm.
- EFFECTIVE TARGETING: Automated object detection increases the likelihood of detecting targets that could go unnoticed by an unassisted operator.
- OPTICAL DETECTION RANGE: On average, the CM202U with Operator Assist has a 40-100% further optical detection range for DJI Phantom sized sUAS than comparable systems (3km UAV detect, 2km PID).
- IMPROVED FORCE PROTECTION: The operator assist function utilizes advanced algorithms to detect and track objects of interest in the air and on the ground, reducing operator fatigue and workload to increase the efficiency of your operation.
- BENEFIT FROM ENHANCED KNOWLEDGE: The automated detect software system provides operators with live, real-time cues of possible target objects, reducing decision time when identifying UAVs through rapid identification, and helping operators make informed decisions while reducing operator error.
- SHORTENS DECISION CYCLE: The MTD identifies targets in the FOV much quicker than the operator can manually. This shortens the decision cycle for the operator and allows them to prosecute a hostile target sooner. Quicker informed decisions can save lives.
- MULTIPLE TARGET TRACKING: Operator assist can track up to 200 targets simultaneously, ensuring that no threat is ignored during a swarm attack.
- Size: 8 inch diameter
- Weight: ~12 lbs
- EO Res: 1280x720
- EO HFoV: 21° – 0.5° (30x Optical Zoom)
- MWIR Res: 640x480
- MWIR FoV: 20x Optical Zoom
- Detect Man: 7415m
- Recognize Man: 2472m
- Identify Man: 1390m
Small UAV Detection
- Detect Small Multicopter: 2037m
- Recognize Small Multicopter: 679m
- Identify Small Multicopter: 382m
The CUAS-OA software uses two different threat detection algorithms:
The Moving Target Detection
- Operates above and below the horizon line. The Moving Target Detector algorithm can detect moving people, vehicles, and other general motion below the horizon.
- Picks up on subtle movement, that an unassisted operator cannot detect.
Static Target Detection
- Detects small point features which are consistent with an sUAS.
- Continues to operate when the gimbal is in motion.
- HD Object Tracking - Automatically steers the gimbal to keep the nominated tracked object center of the frame
- Low Power Consumption: Low average draw of 55W is 30% of comparable systems
- Man Portable: 8 inches in diameter and 12 lbs, 10 lbs lighter than comparable systems
- MissionMap – Situational awareness software suite
- MotionDSP – In-flight image enhancement and post-flight image software processing.
Fixed Wing UAV
Rotary Wing UAV
Copyright 2017 Ascent Vision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Ascent Vision Technologies
90 Aviation Lane
Belgrade, Montana 59714